PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
You may be asked to provide the website with information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (“Personal Data”), if necessary, to carry out a transaction or other service that you have requested in connection with use of the Website. The Personal Data the Company gathers, stores and uses may include the following information:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and Website navigation paths;
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with the Website;
- Information that you enter when you create a profile on the Website—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- Information that you enter while using the services on the Website;
- Information that is generated while using the Website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through the Website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- Information that you post to the Website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through the Website, including its communication content and metadata; and
- Any other personal information that you send to the Company.
PERSONAL DATA USE
The Personal Data collected on the Website will be used to operate the Website and to provide service(s) and/or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized in connection with the Website. More specifically, the Company may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering the Website and the Company’s business;
- Personalizing the Website for you;
- Enabling your use of the services available on the Website;
- Sending you goods purchased through the Website;
- Supplying services purchased through the Website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website;
- Keeping the Website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- Other uses: If you submit personal information for publication on the Website, the Company will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to it.
The Company will not, without your express consent, supply your Personal Data to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
When you sign up for or agree to receive promotional e-mail or other offers made in connection with or via use of the Website, the Company may use customized links or similar technologies to track e-mail links that you click. The Company may associate that information with your personal information or Personal Data in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications, use of the Website or other services and information related to, offered on or available through the Website. The Company will provide means to unsubscribe to e-mail communications that allows you to stop delivery of that type of communication.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Company may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Company may also disclose your Personal Data as follows:
- To the extent required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend the Company’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that the Company is (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person the Company reasonably believes may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Data where, in the Company’s reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Data.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your Personal Data to third parties.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on the Website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. The Company has no control over, and is not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.